Papa Celestino I
Tangu kale anaheshimiwa kama mtakatifu.
- William Walker Rockwell (1911). "Celestine (popes)". In Chisholm, Hugh (ed.). Encyclopædia Britannica. 5. (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. pp. 599–600.
- As St. Vincent of Lerins reported in 434:
- Holy Pope Celestine also expresses himself in like manner and to the same effect. For in the Epistle which he wrote to the priests of Gaul, charging them with connivance with error, in that by their silence they failed in their duty to the ancient faith, and allowed profane novelties to spring up, he says: "We are deservedly to blame if we encourage error by silence. Therefore rebuke these people. Restrain their liberty of preaching." Lerins, St. Vincent of. Commonitory 32.
- In a letter to certain bishops of Gaul, dated 428, Celestine rebukes the adoption of special clerical garb by the clergy. He wrote: "We [the bishops and clergy] should be distinguished from the common people [plebe] by our learning, not by our clothes; by our conduct, not by our dress; by cleanness of mind, not by the care we spend upon our person". Cfr. H. Thurston, "Clerical Costume," in Catholic Encyclopedia, vol. 4.
- Ecclesiastical History 7:11.
- Martyrologium Romanum: ex Decreto Sacrosancti oecumenici Concilii Vaticani II instauratum auctoritate Ioannis Pauli P.P. II promulgatum, Romae 2001, ISBN 8820972107
Viungo vya njeEdit
Wikimedia Commons ina media kuhusu:
- Kuhusu Papa Celestino I katika Kamusi Elezo ya Kikatoliki
- Saint Celestine I Archived 13 Machi 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
|Makala hii kuhusu Papa fulani bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Papa Celestino I kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.