Simeoni I wa Yerusalemu
Tangu kale anaheshimiwa kama mtakatifu.
Kadiri ya Hegesippus, Simeoni alichaguliwa kwa kumshinda Thebutis, aliyetazamwa baadaye kama mzushi, akaongoza Wakristo wengi kuhamia Pella ng'ambo ya mto Yordani kabla ya vita vya ukombozi vya Wayahudi kuanza mwaka 66 na Hekalu la Yerusalemu kubomolewa mwaka 70.
- According to Eusebius, Saint Simeon of Jerusalem was selected as James' successor after the conquest of Jerusalem which took place immediately after the martyrdom of James (i.e. no earlier than 70 AD) which puts the account in conflict with that of Flavius Josephus who puts James death in 63 AD: Eddy, Paul R. and Boyd, Gregory A. (2007) The Jesus Legend: A Case for the Historical Reliability of the Synoptic Jesus Tradition. Baker Academic, pg 189
- See also Flavius Josephus, Jewish Antiquities XX, ix, 1.
- "Historia Ecclesiastica, II, i."
- After the martyrdom of James and the conquest of Jerusalem which immediately followed, it is said that those of the apostles and disciples of the Lord that were still living came together from all directions with those that were related to the Lord according to the flesh (for the majority of them also were still alive) to take counsel as to who was worthy to succeed James. They all with one consent pronounced Symeon, the son of Clopas, of whom the Gospel also makes mention; to be worthy of the episcopal throne of that parish. He was a cousin, as they say, of the Saviour. For Hegesippus records that Clopas was a brother of Joseph. Eusebius of Caesarea, Church History, Book III, ch. 11.
- Historia Ecclesiastica, IV, v."
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Schism
- Eusebius, Eusebius, Historia Ecclesiastica, III, xxxii.
|Makala hii kuhusu Mkristo huyu bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Simeoni I wa Yerusalemu kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Labda unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuongeza habari.