Majadiliano ya mtumiaji:Varlaam
- It is better to write Namba, Kichwa, Mtunzi, Mwaka. Peace to you! --Riccardo Riccioni (majadiliano) 06:55, 18 Julai 2013 (UTC)
- Mwandishi is good, but mtunzi is better.
About the vandalism in Tanzania page, thank you for your intervention. I however am only contributor of wiki. For the warning, I think it is duty of bureaucrats or so. Peace to uou! --Riccardo Riccioni (majadiliano) 06:07, 21 Julai 2013 (UTC)
Le Monde's 100 Books of the Century hariri
- It is a proper name, so it is preserved in the final title:
- Vitabu bora 100 vya gazeti Le Monde
- Cheers, Varlaam (majadiliano) 19:54, 30 Oktoba 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Varlaam answered on my page. The Le Monde list had been proposed for deletion and was deleted after 2 weeks. As most of the time one of us proposed and another one deleted. I see you put some work into it. Of course we would not like to discourage contributors. I do not remember it very well (I did the delete) - is it correct that the text was in English and only the title had been translated? Kipala (majadiliano) 05:55, 22 Mei 2014 (UTC)
- I have translated that list into the 60+ languages that have enough book information to be worthwhile.
- Do I speak 60+ languages? Of course not.
- I did have to learn how to read Korean, Georgian, and Armenian in order to do their lists.
- I could already read Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic and Farsi.
- I translated the introductions in the languages that I know well: Spanish, German, Italian. A local person did Latin and Portuguese before I could do them.
- In every other case -- the other 57 languages -- a local person who was interested in the topic translated the lead paragraph, or, in some cases like Lithuanian, deleted the lead paragraph, because who cares?
- But in no case, other than Swahili, did someone delete a book list that is shared by the 60 major languages of Wikipedia.
- No one reads the introduction. You can read the introduction on the English page, or any other page you want.
- The point is the 100 books, many of which are famous internationally, and act as a starting point for anyone who wants to work on book articles.
- At those other 60 projects, people have often created the articles to match the list.
- Or they have checked their national library catalogues to find the local translated title from the rare 1953 edition of the book, or whatever.
- The book list was fully translated to the extent that the book information was available to me at swwiki.
- That is the exact same method I used the other 60 times, with the exception of Latvian, where I went outside Wikipedia for more data. That's not worthwhile for me to do generally when local people are far better at finding local information.
- Why delete a book list of mostly famous books?
- Especially when every other language shares a version of the page?
- In Toronto, Varlaam (majadiliano) 18:55, 22 Mei 2014 (UTC)