Waoporom walikuwa kabila la watu walioenea katika Kenya na Uganda ya leo kabla ya kuzidiwa na wavamizi wa makabila ya Kibantu, Kiniloti na mengineyo. Polepole walijichanganya nao hata kupotewa na lugha na utambulisho wao.
- The first indication of the past existence of a people known as Oropom was through fieldwork done by J.G.Wilson in the mid-20th century. While resident in Karamoja region of Uganda, he came across widespread and abundant archaeological material including stone tools and pottery of a nature also found in Karasuk, Turkana and West Pokot districts in Kenya. Wilson noted that "the material collected, particularly the pottery, reflects such a high degree of skill and artistry in its manufacture, that it is obviously not connected with the much cruder pots of the present occupants of these areas". His supposition was confirmed by most residents who had no traditions indicating the manufacture of the items save for a few people who claimed to be descendants of a people known as Oropom. Cfr. Wilson, J.G., Preliminary Observations On The Oropom People Of Karamoja, Their Ethnic Status, Culture And Postulated Relation To The Peoples Of The Late Stone Age, The Journal Of The Uganda Society, p. 125-126
- C. A. Turpin. "The occupation of the Turkwell river area by the Karamojong tribe". The Uganda Journal, vol. 12, no. 2, 1948, pp. 161–165.
- A. C. A. Wright, "Notes on the Iteso social organisation", The Uganda Journal, vol. 9, no. 2, 1942, p. 60.
- J. C. D. Lawrence, "A history of the Teso to 1937", The Uganda Journal, vol. 19, no. 1, 1955.
- J. C. D. Lawrence, The Iteso, London, 1957, pp. 8 & 10.
- "Notes on the Geography of Ethnicity in Uganda", B. W. Langlands, Occ. Paper No. 62, Dept. of Geography, Makerere University, Uganda 1975.
|Makala hii kuhusu mambo ya utamaduni bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Waoropom kama historia yake au mahusiano yake na mada nyingine?
Labda unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuongeza habari.