Tazama pia Edit
- A chance election as bishop (18 October 2012). Jalada kutoka ya awali juu ya 13 September 2017. Iliwekwa mnamo 13 September 2017.
- He himself did not disdain to teach "the art of metrical composition". His Life of Saint Brigid is interspersed with short poems of his own composition. The best known of these is the twelve-line poem in which he describes the beauty and fertility of his native land, and the prowess and piety of its inhabitants. Donatus also composed an epitaph in which he alludes to his birth in Ireland, his years in the service of the princes of Italy (Lothair and Louis), his episcopate at Fiesole, and his activity as a teacher of grammar and poetry.
Like St. Columkille, Donatus always cherished a tender regretful love for Ireland; and like him also he wrote a short poem in praise of it which is still preserved. It is in Latin, and the following is a translation, made by a Dublin poet many years ago:
Far westward lies an isle of ancient fame, By nature bless'd; and Scotia is her name,
Enroll'd in books: exhaustless is her store, Of veiny silver, and of golden ore. Her fruitful soil, for ever teems with wealth, With gems her waters, and her air with health; Her verdant fields with milk and honey flow;Her woolly fleeces vie with virgin snow; Her waving furrows float with bearded corn; And arms and arts her envied sons adorn! No savage bear, with lawless fury roves, Nor fiercer lion, through her peaceful groves; No poison there infects, no scaly snake Creeps through the grass, nor frog annoys the lake;
An island worthy of its pious race, In war triumphant, and unmatch'd in peace!
- Martyrologium Romanum
- Benjamin Bossue, "De S. Donato episc. et confes., Fesulis in Tuscia," Acta Sanctorum Octobris, Tomus Nonus. Bruxelles: Alphonsus Greuse 1858, pp. 648–662. (Kilatini)
- Lanigan, John (1822). An Ecclesiastical History of Ireland: From the First Introduction of Christianity Among the Irish to the Beginning of the Thirteenth Century Volume III. Dublin: Graisberry, 280–285.
Viungo vya nje Edit
- Antonella Degl'Innocenti (1992). "Donato di Fiesole, santo." Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani Volume 41 (1992). (Kiitalia)
- "Saint of the Day - October 22": "Donatus (Donagh) of Fiesole B (RM)" Archived 8 Januari 2020 at the Wayback Machine. from Saint Patrick Catholic Church
- (Kiitalia) San Donato di Fiesole
- Donatus of Fiesole, The Land Called Scotia, translated from the Latin by Thomas Kinsella
|Makala hii bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Mkristo huyu, kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.