Watoto wa Bethlehemu
- Matthew 2:17: "Then was fulfilled that which was spoken through Jeremiah the prophet, saying, 'A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are no more.'"
- Raymond E. Brown
- Donald A. Hagner, World Biblical Commentary, Matthew 1-13, page 37
- Bill Doggett, Gordon W. Lathrop, New Proclamation Commentary on Feasts, Holy Days, and Other Celebrations, (Fortress Press, 2007) page 43.
- Martyrologium Romanum
- Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, Book XV (at Wikisource)
- R. T. France, addressing the story's absence in Antiquities of the Jews, argues that "the murder of a few infants in a small village [is] not on a scale to match the more spectacular assassinations recorded by Josephus". R. T. France, "The Gospel of Matthew", NICNT (2007)
- Albright, W. F. and C. S. Mann. "Matthew." The Anchor Bible Series. New York: Doubleday & Company, 1971.
- Clarke, Howard W. The Gospel of Matthew and its Readers: A Historical Introduction to the First Gospel. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2003.
- Robert Eisenman, 1997. James the Brother of Jesus: The Key to Unlocking the Secrets of Early Christianity and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Viking/Penguin.
- Goulder, M. D. Midrash and Lection in Matthew. London: SPCK, 1974.
- Jones, Alexander. The Gospel According to St. Matthew. London: Geoffrey Chapman, 1965.
- Schweizer, Eduard. The Good News According to Matthew. Atlanta: John Knox Press, 1975.
Viungo vya njeEdit
Wikimedia Commons ina media kuhusu:
- Catholic Encyclopedia: "Holy Innocents"
- Images of the "Massacre of the Innocents"
- The Holy Martyred 14,000 Infants
- The Massacre of the Innocents by H. Colombo from the De Verda Collection
|Makala hii kuhusu mtu wa Biblia bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Watoto wa Bethlehemu kama habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Labda unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuongeza habari.