Papa Innocent I
- Sant' Innocenzo I.
- His communications with Victricius of Rouen, Exuperius of Toulouse, Alexander of Antioch and others, as well as his actions on the appeal made to him by John Chrysostom against Theophilus of Alexandria, show that opportunities of this kind were numerous and varied. He took a decided view on the Pelagian controversy, confirming the decisions of the synod of the province of proconsular Africa, held in Carthage in 416, confirming the condemnation which had been pronounced in 411 against Cælestius, who shared the views of Pelagius. He also wrote in the same year in a similar sense to the fathers of the Numidian synod of Mileve who had addressed him. Soon after this, five African bishops, among them St. Augustine, wrote a personal letter to Innocent regarding their own position in the matter of Pelagianism.
- The Catholic priest-scholar Johann Peter Kirsch, 1500 years later, described Innocent as a very energetic and highly gifted individual "...who fulfilled admirably the duties of his office".
- Text and translation of the list.
- Matthew J. Ramage, Dark Passages of the Bible (CUA Press 2013 ISBN|978-0-81322156-4), p. 67
- Lee Martin McDonald, Formation of the Bible (Hendrickson Publishers 2012 ISBN|978-1-59856838-7), p. 149
- John L. Mckenzie, The Dictionary of the Bible (Simon and Schuster 1995 ISBN|978-0-68481913-6), p. 119
- Martyrologium Romanum: ex Decreto Sacrosancti oecumenici Concilii Vaticani II instauratum auctoritate Ioannis Pauli P.P. II promulgatum, Romae 2001, ISBN 8820972107
Viungo vya njeEdit
Wikimedia Commons ina media kuhusu:
- Kuhusu Papa Innocent I katika Kamusi Elezo ya Kikatoliki
- Fontes Latinae de papis usque ad annum 530 (Papa Felix IV)
- Liber pontificalis
|Makala hii kuhusu Papa fulani bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Papa Innocent I kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.