Mchungaji mwema (kwa Kigiriki: ποιμήν ο καλός, poimḗn o kalós) ni namna mojawapo ya Yesu kuwaeleza wafuasi wake yeye ni nani kwao. Ufafanuzi wake unapatikana katika Yoh 10:1-21, anapojitofautisha na wachungaji (yaani viongozi) wabaya, kwa kusema yeye yuko tayari kutoa uhai wake kwa ajili ya kondoo (watu) wake.
- "The figure (...) is an allegory of Christ as the shepherd" Andre Grabard, "Christian iconography, a study of its origins", ISBN 0-691-01830-8
- I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who doesn't own the sheep, sees the wolf coming, leaves the sheep, and flees. The wolf snatches the sheep, and scatters them. The hired hand flees because he is a hired hand, and doesn't care for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own, and I'm known by my own; even as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep, which are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will hear my voice. They will become one flock with one shepherd. Therefore the Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down by myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. I received this commandment from my Father.
- Jesus Christ is also compared to a shepherd in Matthew 2:6, 9:36, 25:32 and 26:31; Mark 6:34 and 14:27 Hebrews 13:20: 1Peter 2:25 and 5:4; Revelation 7:17.
Viungo vya njeEdit
- media kuhusu Good Shepherd pa Wikimedia Commons
- Holman Bible Dictionary – "Shepherd" for other Biblical references.
|Makala hii kuhusu dini ya Ukristo bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Mchungaji mwema kama historia yake, matokeo au athari zake?
Labda unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuongeza habari.